We are immensely proud of our CR contributions
"We take seriously the numerous relationships, partnerships, roles and responsibilities we have as a leading law firm, an employer, and provider and purchaser of goods and services. This is why we strive to encourage responsible behaviour in every aspect of our day to day activities, and endeavour to make a positive impact on society, promote human rights, be an excellent employer and minimise our impact on the environment.”
Matthew Truelove, Managing Partner
Our corporate responsibility programme is fundamental to our approach to being a socially responsible and sustainable business. We are committed to:
- Improving access to justice for people in need in and around the towns in which we have offices
- Making a positive impact in our local communities
- Minimising our environmental impact
- Being an excellent employer
Volunteering at TWM
Our programme of free legal support works through a number of partner organisations:
- Surrey Law Centre: helping members of the public with their legal problems
- Guildford Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for the Disabled - we have established an innovative free legal helpline for those who have undergone rehabilitation and life skills training at QEF. We also offer its trainees work placements and consider them for all suitable salaried vacancies.
- Discounted work for a number of UK registered charities
- Ad hoc pro bono work – the firm regularly undertakes legal pro bono work that is not part of its formal corporate responsibility programme
Since August 2009, the majority of charitable events and initiatives organised by TWM has been for the benefit of our partner charity, Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust – a vital charity which relies almost entirely upon public donations in order to exist. To date, we have raised almost £100,000 for SAA. This figure means that we will have funded around 30 potentially life-saving missions.