PA, Residential Property, Fulham
Job Reference – LR13
Overview of the Vacancy
We require a PA to provide direct support to the fee earner(s) in the Residential Property department to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The jobholder is expected to use a degree of self-management and initiative and be office based.
- Prepare correspondence and documents to include transcribing digital dictation.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if an office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Prepare completion statements and assist with post exchange and pre completion.
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms.
- Prepare and submit Land Registry forms (AP1, UN1, RX1 etc.).
- Obtain information from local authorities and other organisations.
- Deal with registration and all post completion formalities.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her fee earners.
- If appropriate, prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting and to provide refreshments if asked to do so.
- Provide support to other PAs/secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Progess client matters without fee earner supervision and in the absence of a fee earner
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Opening and closing files and undertake on-line form filling to including Certificates of title, SDLT forms, Land Registry Forms and Searches, TR1 and AP1 forms, etc.
- Operate the Firm’s case management system
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
This job description is non exhaustive and the Firm reserves the right to vary the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Firm’s business.
Essential personal qualities and attributes
- Previous Legal Secretarial experience including substantial experience in Residential Property.
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages and excellent speed typing skills.
- Keeps up with fee earner’s work production.
- High accuracy levels.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent level of attention to client service, being able to interact well with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
- work to deadlines
- to cope under pressure
- prioritise work-loads effectively
- work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with clients, contacts and colleagues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s).
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems.
- Knowledge of law/legal practice.
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWM Solicitors (twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Make An Enquiry
"Demelza and her colleagues were always very professional providing swift and clear communications from beginning to end. A good local solicitors I would recommend for property or family matters."
Family Law client - Google Review, January 2021