Vacancy No. ER10
Overview of the Vacancy
We require an experienced Legal Secretary/Property Assistant/Paralegal to support the Residential Property Partner in our Epsom office. The successful candidate will have previous experience in residential property matters, along with a professional approach to clients, flexibility, good audio typing and IT skills. The successful candidate will also need to be office based in our Epsom office.
The successful candidate is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative in providing support to the fee earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. Their role includes but is not limited to the responsibilities listed below:
- A good understanding of the sale and purchase process and the key steps involved in each.
- Able to liaise with clients at key stages of the conveyancing process.
- Sound basic Excel skills to prepare and understand statements.
- Able to deal with file opening and client on-boarding including identity verification and payments on account.
- Able to obtain Official Copies of documents from the Land Registry.
- Able to prepare Contract Pack.
- Able to obtain information from the sellers forms and apply for a management pack.
- Preparing SDLT returns.
- Post-exchange steps including:
- priority searches;
- Company House registrations;
- requisition mortgage funds;
- obtain redemption statements;
- obtain final apportionment statements; and
- Monitor and track key dates for clients and ensure compliance procedures are up to date on all files and matters.
- Post-completion steps including:
- sending TR1, Stock Transfer forms and other documents to the buyer as required;
- payment of Stamp Duty;
- dealing with notification requirements and obtaining Certificates of Compliance;
- submitting AP1 applications;
- checking closing balances;
- updating Lender Exchange and LMS Conveyancing portals; and
- dealing with file closing procedures.
- Computer literate.
Essential personal qualities and attributes/essential skills, knowledge and abilities (competencies):
- Previous legal secretarial experience within a legal Residential Property department.
- Good IT skills in relevant packages and good (speed) typing skills.
- Keeps up with fee earner's work production.
- Very good accuracy levels.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work with a positive attitude.
- Communicates professionally with clients, agents and others involved in the conveyancing process, both on the telephone and personally.
- Demonstrates a good level of attention to client service, being able to interact competently with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work to deadlines, cope under pressure, prioritise workloads effectively and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues including Central Management, IT, HR and Marketing and clients/contacts.
- Demonstrates a preparedness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s).
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (competencies):
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems.
- Knowledge of law/legal practice.
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No Agencies please