Legal Assistant, Lending, Guildford
Vacancy No. GL19
Overview of the Vacancy
The prime role of the Assistant is to provide comprehensive file support to the Lending team and within the micro team within which they work.
These micro teams are specifically OnBoarding (taking new clients on), Completions (arranging for funds to be paid out by Lender clients to the Borrowers) and Post Completion (ensuring all transactions are recorded with the relevant government body, and then tracking and presenting deeds to the Lender clients).
This will include but will be not limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Prepare (with direction) correspondence, documents and statements of accounts
- Support and promote the efficient and constant use of the Lending Department OnTrack platform
- Assist with the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Ensuring team compliance with internal procedures and processes for files including audits of client ID and other matters
- Provide support to clients in a professional and friendly manner in keeping the Firm's standards for client care, this will include updating clients or third parties as directed, and managing overflow incoming telephone enquiries
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Typically (but not exclusively) at Client Onboarding level liaising with new clients and third parties to issue, assist with and conclude opening correspondence and questionnaires including AML/KYC requirements and facial recognition responses
- Typically (but not exclusively) at Completion level liaising with fee earners to satisfy lender conditions to facilitate the release of funds, arranging the calculation of redemption statements and distributing funds to Borrowers
- Typically (but not exclusively) at Completion and Post Completion level dealing with Land Registry, HMRC, and Companies House registration, and post completion formalities
- To generally assist the fee earners and paralegals or undertake other duties as from time to time required
Qualifications: equivalent of 5 GCSE's grade A-C (minimum)
Essential personal qualities and attributes/skills, knowledge and abilities:
Basic/intermediate advanced IT skills in relevant packages
Good accuracy levels
Attention to detail
Good communication skills with clients both on the phone and personally
Provision of customer care
Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
A preparedness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s)
Demonstrates ability and willingness to work to occasional deadlines, to cope under occasional pressure, prioritise workloads effectively, and work as part of a team
Demonstrates a genuine interest in legal work
Has a good attendance record year on year
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities:
A retail or administrative background would be an advantage
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
No Agencies Please
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.