Administrator, Private Client, Guildford
Vacancy No. GP13
Overview of the Vacancy
The prime role of the Administrator is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the team’s fee earners and PA/secretarial staff, to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Administrator is expected to use a high degree of self management and initiative.
The purpose of the department is to advise clients and other Departments in tax and estate planning, Will preparation, estate administration, trusts, Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
- Daily filing of both electronic and paper correspondence, which will include daily scanning of incoming post and filing hard copy and electronic copy.
- File administration including opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch, whether by post or email.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if an Office Assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Scan documents to Case Management System and Will Archive.
- Liaise with PA/secretaries and fee earners to support in the re-organisation of filing cabinets and office space as required.
- Ensuring team compliance with Lexcel and internal procedures and processes for files including audits of client ID and other matters.
- Take full responsibility for the proactive, ongoing management of files, including retrieval, creation and archiving.
- Operate the Firm’s Case Management System including data entry on to Firm’s Private Client-specific Case Management System.
- Manage the team’s photocopiers/multi-functional devices, monitoring stock levels, availability of stationery.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to PA/secretaries as required, which may include preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care, this will include:
- process all will enquiry and appointment bookings for fee earners on a daily basis;
- issue client letters for all appointments and general enquiries;
- manage overflow incoming telephone enquiries, capturing customer information; managing all customer enquiries; and
- with a fee earner, witness Client’s signatures to Wills.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required.
This job description is non exhaustive and the Firm reserves the right to vary the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Firm’s business.
5 GCSEs grade A-C
Essential personal qualities and attributes skills, knowledge and abilities
- Basic/intermediate advanced IT skills in relevant packages.
- (Speed) Typing skills.
- Good accuracy levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with clients both on the phone and personally.
- Provision of customer care.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients.
- A preparedness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s).
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
- work to occasional deadlines;
- to cope under occasional pressure;
- prioritise work-loads effectively; and
- work as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in legal work.
- Has a good attendance record year on year.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems.
- Knowledge of law/legal practice.
- An administrative background would be an advantage.
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
No Agencies Please
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.