Vacancy No. GC33
Established in 1799, TWM Solicitors LLP is a leading South East law firm with approx. 220 people in offices across Surrey and London. We are a full service firm - for private clients we are renowned for family law, residential property, tax planning, trusts, wealth management and wills and probate and for business clients we have teams dealing with the full range of corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, employment and commercial property.
Overview of the Vacancy
TWM Solicitors LLP require a PA to provide direct support to his/her Fee Earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The PA is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her fee earner.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information.
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firm’s Case Management System
- Maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
Essential personal qualities and attributes/Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Substantial previous Legal Secretarial experience including at least 2 years’ experience in the specialist area (for internal promotions this will include at least 1 years’ experience in the specialist area at TWM)
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages
- Keeps up with Fee Earner’s work production
- High accuracy levels
- Communicates professionally with clients both on the ‘phone and personally
- Provides good customer care
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Progresses client matters without supervision and in the absence of the fee-earner
- Takes on other tasks
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
- work to deadlines
- to cope under pressure
- use initiative
- prioritise work-loads effectively
- work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
- Has a good attendance record year on year
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Evolution
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
- Prior knowledge of Aim / AXXIA or other case management systems
- A 37 hour working week
- 25 days' holiday
- Healthcare cover for employee
- Contributory pension scheme (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme (payable in November)
- Other peripheral benefits such as: Travel To Work loan scheme.
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please