Vacancy No. GL01
Established in 1799, TWM Solicitors LLP is a leading South East law firm with approx. 220 people in offices across Surrey and London. We are a full service firm - for private clients we are renowned for family law, residential property, tax planning, trusts, wealth management and wills and probate and for business clients we have teams dealing with the full range of corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, employment and commercial property.
Overview of the Vacancy
TWM Solicitors LLP require a Legal Administrator to support the Lending team and to provide transactional support and advice to principally our Lender clients, but also to Borrowers where instructed on a Dual Representation basis. To develop an understanding of credit underwriting, financial services regulation and consumer credit. To work on matters introduced by our Lender clients, those matters delegated by the Partners, or introduced through own caseloads and connections. To work collaboratively across the Department and to gain broad experience in all support tasks, including file opening/closing, land registration, SDLT and Companies House. In time, to educate and assist in internal and external training programmes and presentations.
- Set up and manage the administration of Lending projects under fee earner direction to include maintaining participant contact details, collating title documents etc.
- Provide assistance, as required, in relation to the preparation of correspondence and documents.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person, if an office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Scan documents to Case Management System.
- Liaise with Legal PAs and fee earners to support in the reorganisation of filing cabinets and office space as required.
- Ensuring team compliance with Lexcel and internal procedures and processes for files including audits of client ID and other matters
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care, this will include
- Issue client letters for all appointments and general enquiries.
- Manage overflow incoming telephone enquiries, capturing customer information; managing all customer enquiries
- Administer filing to include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- To generally assist the fee earners and paralegals as required.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- To preparing and submit Land Registry forms and to undertake on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms
- Will be involved in department and operational improvements, including know-how, tech and innovation
- Will be involved, in due course, in providing internal and external training and presentations to clients and staff
Equivalent of: 5 GCSEs grade A*-C (minimum) and 2 A levels grade A-C
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- An admin background with basic/intermediate or advanced IT skills in relevant packages and good (speed) typing skills
- Good accuracy levels, attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Good communication skills with clients both on the phone and personally
- Customer care provision
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Is prepared to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s) and has the ability and willingness to work to deadlines, to cope under pressure, to prioritise work-loads effectively and to work as part of a team
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in legal work
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
- Knowledge of law / legal practice
- Experience in Residential Property
- A paralegal may well be considered in which case they would be a law graduate preferably with some Residential Property experience.
37.5 hour working week - 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday(including one hour for lunch)
25 days’ holiday
Healthcare cover for employee
Contributory pension scheme (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
Annual bonus scheme (payable in November)
Other peripheral benefits such as: Travel To Work loan scheme
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agencies Please
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.