Solicitor, Property Litigation (NQ-4 years PQE), Dispute Resolution (any office)
Job Reference – GD16
Overview of the Vacancy
We are looking to recruit a Solicitor (1 to 4 years PQE) in Property Litigation to join our Dispute Resolution team based in any of our 7 offices however preferably in our Guildford office.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
- Meet fee earning and other KPI targets.
- Ensure the successful development of the Firm in line with the current published Business Plan.
- Handle all forms of dispute resolution for commercial and private clients with a strong emphasis on property litigation.
- Build and develop own case load and participate in the marketing of the Department by active participation in networking, seminar provision etc.
- Maintain and improve client care.
- Work effectively with other departments.
- Develop own specialist areas of work.
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the Department as well as other Departments of the Firm.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients.
- Demonstrates consistent willingness to become involved in activities of the Firm outside of those of normal working hours.
- Is developing a client/referrer base.
- Appreciates and identified opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- Recognises the important of practice development and marketing and shows consistent willingness to become involved with some supervision/guidance.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- To utilise the skills of the department’s Trainee and to assist with the Trainee’s training.
- Travelling to client meetings both in and outside the UK when required.
- Promoting good file management.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently without non fee-earner support.
- To ensure compliance with Lexcel and other regulatory procedures.
- To maintain and improve professional knowledge base including attainment of annual CPD points.
- To assist during the absence of other fee earners.
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required.
Additional and or different Duties
This job description is non exhaustive and the Firm reserves the right to vary the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Firm’s business.
A good honours degree followed by LPC, training contract and PSC or a good honours degree with CILEX to Fellow level, LPC and PSC and admitted by SRA as a solicitor
Essential personal qualities and attributes
- Satisfactory level of competence in the chosen area of law and practice (and a sufficient understanding and awareness of all relevant areas of law as appropriate), but recognises the need to develop and learn.
- Achieves targets set for Solicitors or Associate Solicitors in respect of chargeable hours, fees, recovery rate, lock-up and non-chargeable time.
- Is developing a client/referrer base.
- Appreciates and identifies opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- Demonstrates a consistent willingness to become involved in activities of the Firm outside of those of normal work.
- Recognises importance of practice development and willingness to become involved.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and alignment with, the values of the Firm.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with clients/key business introducers and colleagues.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities
Sound training in and prior experience of property litigation.
- Well-developed interpersonal, social and communication skills Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Computer literate with an ability to develop its use in own functional area.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Solicitor including in the following areas:
- Rules and principles of professional conduct
- Client care
- Conflicts of interest
- Relations with third parties
- Relations with other solicitors
- Regulatory and compliance procedures
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities
- Prior knowledge of practice management systems
- Prior experience of commercial litigation
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWM Solicitors (twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please
Make An Enquiry
"Fiona was on top of everything and covering details I hadn't even thought about. Excellent work."
Mr F, Commercial Property. November 2019