Job Reference - GC34
Overview of the Vacancy
TWM Solicitors LLP require a Paralegal to provide direct support to his/her fee earner(s) in the Commercial Property department to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The jobholder is expected to use a degree of self-management and initiative.
- Where appropriate, records any time and is beginning to understand the billing/financial requirements of each department/the Firm
- Assists the Commercial Property/ Enfranchisement department generally as and when required.
- Prepares correspondence and documents (which may include transcribing digital dictation).
- Administers filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepares mail and enclosures for despatch by post/email or fax.
- Arranges for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- If appropriate, makes appointments, arranges meetings and maintains an up to date diary for his/her fee earner.
- If appropriate, prepares the conference rooms for meetings as necessary, tidying and clearing the room at the end of the meeting and providing refreshments when asked to do so.
- Attends to clients and agents both in person and on the telephone and provides such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care: including updating clients and agents; chasing clients, other side and organisations for information.
- Prepares completion statements and assist with post exchange and pre completion formalities.
- Undertakes on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms.
- Prepares and submits Land Registry forms (AP1, UN1, RX1 etc.)
- Obtains information from local authorities and other organisations.
- Deals with registration and all post completion formalities
- Demonstrates a willingness to be involved in matters outside of normal work, such as marketing.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- To operate the Firm’s Case Management System
- To maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- To consider improvements to the general administrative efficiency of the department.
- Undertakes any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Undertakes other duties as from time to time is required.
- Law degree
Essential personal qualities and attributes/Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Legal background with some experience in Commercial Property/ Enfranchisement
- Good IT skills in relevant packages
- Keeps up with Fee Earner’s work production
- Very good accuracy levels
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Communicates professionally with clients, agents and others involved in the conveyancing process, both on the ‘phone and personally
- Provides good customer care, responsiveness and attention to client service
- Provides good levels of initiative and willingness to take on responsibility
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
- work to deadlines
- to cope under pressure
- prioritise work-loads effectively
- work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and alignment with, the values of the Firm.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues, including Central Management, Finance, IT, HR and Marketing and clients/key business introducers, etc.
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems
In return we offer
- A 37 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Healthcare cover for employee
- Contributory pension scheme (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme (payable in November)
- Other peripheral benefits such as: Travel to Work loan scheme.
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please