The Employment Law team at TWM are experts when it comes to providing advice, support and representation to employers and employees alike.
When you require help with an employment law or HR issue, we understand that apart from expecting high quality legal advice, you also value practical support with implementing the guidance we provide. Delivering this in an effective and pragmatic way demands a high level of technical know-how and experience, both of which are at the core of our employment team. The degree of expertise we have is best illustrated by the fact that our Employment Law Partners are accustomed to personally representing clients before the Employment Tribunal.
We take care when providing advice and representation to focus on your objectives, placing an emphasis on the pro-active management of issues, conflict resolution and delivering pragmatic solutions.
For further examples of our employment law services click here:
- if you are an employer, whether you have your own HR department or not, we can provide you with the advice you need to address any employee relations and industrial relations issues that you may face, as well as providing advice and support when you need to plan and implement specific HR projects;
- if you are an employee encountering issues with your workplace or your employer, we can provide you with advice to help you understand your legal situation and offer guidance on the options available to you – this covers the whole range of employment law issues, including unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistleblowing, contract disputes and negotiating settlement agreements;
- when you are considering pursuing an employment claim or you have proceedings to defend, we can offer representation, whether those proceedings are before the Employment Tribunal, Courts or Central Arbitration Committee;
- if you need employment contracts, handbooks and/or HR policies drafting or reviewing, we have the expertise to prepare these and invaluable experience of the problems faced in real workplaces to draw on;
- should you need to develop a team of people and provide them with practical employment law and people management skills, we can deliver specialist training for managers, supervisors and/or HR professionals which has been developed in conjunction with experienced HR consultants so that instead of teaching abstract law, it trains delegates to recognise issues and handle real situations that they will encounter in their workplace in a legally correct manner; and
- if you find yourself involved in an employment dispute, our team includes an accredited mediator able to conduct employment and workplace mediation.
More information regarding all of the services listed above can be found by following the links.
At TWM we are keen to avoid legal jargon. We know that some clients will be more familiar with legal terms than others. To assist, we have created an Employment Law Glossary page explaining some commonly used terms.