Nick Ball, Senior Associate in Business Law
Nick is a company commercial solicitor and advises privately owned, owner managed and family owned businesses, entrepreneurs and investors.
He helps clients buy or sell businesses (shares or assets) and advises on strategy, negotiates the transactional documents, and gets the deal done.
Nick also advises on commercial agreements and other corporate arrangements, including share buybacks, shareholder agreements and articles of association, joint venture and investment agreements.
Nick can help at all stages in business life, whether you are starting up for the first time, planning to sell or exit or anything in between. He has an approachable style to the way that he works, and enjoys building long-term relationships with his clients to help their businesses grow and develop.
Notable recent transactions include:
- Advising the shareholders of a family owned golf club on the circa £2m sale of their company to a corporate group with a portfolio of businesses ranging from global online recruitment services to a football club.
- Advising the shareholders of a multi-site children’s day nursery on the sale of their company for nearly £3m to the UK arm of an international child care group operating in Europe and North America.
- Advising an award-winning IT support company on its multi-million pound acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a company owning commercial property in London.
- Advising luxury sports car manufacturer, TVR, on a debt refinance and security arrangements, including negotiations with the Welsh Government and other third parties.
- Representing the founder shareholder on the sale of his stone cleaning and restoration company to a management team for £2.5m+.
- Advising a care and residential properties development company on the sale of one of its subsidiaries to an exclusive luxury care home group for over £5m.
- General corporate advisory work for a multi-award winning brand.
Recommended for corporate and commercial
The Legal 500 - 2022