Jamie Berry, Partner and Head of Business Law
Jamie assists clients with raising capital and buying and selling businesses, assets and divestitures with an aggregate deal value in excess of £2bn to date. He also assists clients with all aspects of Corporate and Commercial law including advising upon MBO's, MBI's, joint ventures, project management, distribution agreements and franchising.
His national and international clients include ultra high net worth individuals, large companies, small businesses and individual entrepreneurs in various sectors including technology, media, natural resources, automotive and hotels and leisure.
Prior to joining TWM Solicitors in 2011, Jamie ran his own business and legal consultancy in British Columbia, Canada and was also a partner in a London law firm.
Notable recent transactions that Jamie has advised upon include:
- Advising on the £100 million merger of property development group with a listed PLC.
- Advising on the purchase of 100% of the issued share capital in an electrical supply company for a value of £7 million.
- Advising on the purchase of 100% of the issued share capital in a public house group for a value of £4 million.
- Advising luxury Sports Car manufacturer, TVR Automotive Limited, on an equity investment into the company by the Welsh Government.
- Advising upon the sale of 100% of the issued share capital of a successful niche company in the oil and gas industry with a value of £3 million.
- Advising upon a multi-million pound share purchase by a major commercial supplier to international airports, train stations and retail centres.
- Advising on an off-market company share buyback and company restructure of an international restaurant brand.
- We are retained on an ongoing basis by an internationally known sporting goods company with a turnover of over US$67m per annum to advise on all commercial issues facing the company and its brands.
Recommended for corporate and commercial
The Legal 500 - 2021, 2020, 2019
Comments from Jamie's clients
"Jamie Berry was standout. Our deal involved a US Multinational acquirer with an advisory team that would have rivalled the number of extras in Ben-Hur! It involved necessary real time interaction with those advisers in different world-wide time zones so we were often working together out of hours and with a hierarchy of opposing solicitors in the UK and lawyers in the US – Jamie was side-by-side in the trenches with us and acted with professionalism, expertise, commerciality, pragmatism and humour. Looking back, he was an intrinsic part of our team and invaluable in securing the successful sale of our business."
The Legal 500 - 2021
"Brilliant and I couldn’t have asked for more from Jamie. Jamie got involved right from the start and achieved the best outcome for us. Personally for me as a co-director, and for the future of Easy Convey, it was Jamie’s skills. He’s very easy to deal with, knowledgeable and astute. Whilst TWM are a regional UK law firm, Jamie has the right expertise to act on behalf of our business in relation to a deal involving an international investor with global law firm representation. Thank you again to you and your excellent team to bring this deal to a very positive close. Your expertise ensured our deal was right for us and we made it over the finishing post."
Dominic Cullis, Managing Director of Easy Convey Ltd