Henry Duncan, Senior Associate in Business Law
- Henry Duncan
Senior Associate in Business Law
- D: 01483 752703
F: 01483 752899
T: 01483 752700
V: Download vCard
- Email Henry
Henry is a Senior Associate in the Business Law team, experienced in a range of banking, commercial and property transactions with a particular focus on development finance.
Henry’s work at TWM includes drafting and advising on complex commercial agreements, bespoke lending arrangements and multi-party joint ventures. He frequently acts for specialist lenders dealing with all aspects of property-finance transactions in time-sensitive situations. He has also acted on a number of high-value property refinances for developers and property investors, leading the banking work.
Prior to joining TWM, Henry was legal counsel for a property development group working closely with teams across the business to provide immediate support and holistic advice to decision-makers on a day-to-day basis. This also led to him gaining valuable construction experience, acting on a variety on construction contracts and disputes including adjudications.
Henry takes a pragmatic and outcome focused approach to transactions, taking into account the broader commercial needs of parties and adopting a collaborative approach where possible. His breadth of experience and ability to explain technical aspects of the law ensures clients can rely on clear, comprehensive and commercially-astute advice.
Notable recent work includes:
- Advising a corporate lender on a £30m secured loan facility to a distressed borrower.
- Acting for a borrower on the £20m refinance of a block of student accommodation.
- Acting for a specialist lender on a senior loan for a £10.2m GDV development.
- Acting for a borrower in relation to a £30m amendment and restatement agreement with a major high street lender.
- Acting for a specialist lender in relation to a £1.9m mezzanine loan across a four block site with two senior lenders with a transactional timeframe of one week from instruction to completion.
- Taking on a new development finance lender, advising on requirements, procedure, funding structure, operations and internal compliance, drafting standard transactional documents and acting as sole English and Welsh solicitor for senior and mezzanine transactions.
- Drafting new terms and conditions for a major development finance lender.
Outside of work Henry enjoys cycling, running, music, history and good food.