Daniel Jenking, Partner in Business Law
Daniel is a partner in the Business Law Department, practising company and commercial law.
He has extensive experience in dealing with the sale and purchase of privately owned companies and businesses. Daniel advises on other corporate transactions and arrangements, including joint ventures, shareholders agreements, partnerships and restructuring. He also regularly advises on a range of commercial contracts, intellectual property, lending and borrowing.
Clients include owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, family owned businesses and established brands.
Some recent work highlights include:
- Acting for an angel investor in making an investment in a trading company and then in relation to an exit six years later by the sale of the entire issued share capital to a national competitor, providing a 6,000% return on share value.
- Representing an internet entrepreneur selling his bedroom start up business to the world's largest listed company in the industry sector for multi-millions.
- Representing the shareholders of a second generation family owned company in a £100m merger involving ten investment companies with both cash and share for share consideration.
- Acting for a UK bank in connection with the financing of a group of companies running six fast food franchise outlets for £5m.
- Providing commercial trading and licensing agreements and advice on company procedural matters for the UK division of a market leading sports brand with a group turnover of £500m.
- Acquisition of an off-shore SPV holding property at a prime London location as part of £200m+ property development project, which involved co-ordinating corporate, property and tax advice from four separate foreign jurisdictions.
- Providing commercial contracts and advice on franchising to a family owned international fashion retailer.
- Advising on an MBO of an FCA regulated company and then the subsequent buyout ten years later by the next generation of management.
Daniel joined the firm in 2002 following qualification at a City firm.